The RED, BLACK & LOVE Scholarship Fund was established in 2018. The purpose of RED, BLACK & LOVE is to provide financial assistance to deserving graduating high school seniors in New Hanover, Brunswick, and surrounding counties as they prepare to attend institutions of higher learning.
The RED, BLACK & LOVE Scholarship Fund awards scholarships based on a comprehensive process. Areas that are reviewed by the committee include, but are not limited to the following: Academic Accomplishments, Community Service and Financial Need. The RED, BLACK & LOVE Scholarship Fund pays scholarship funds directly to the recipient’s school. The RED, BLACK & LOVE Scholarship is awarded without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
~ Awards will be given in installments (i.e. fall and spring semester of freshman year).
Scholarships awarded are based upon the availability of funds and additional qualifying criteria.
~ Award notification will be given by Monday, January 27, 2020.
~ Applicant must provide the correct mailing address of their institution (Financial aid and/or
1. DEADLINE for scholarship applications is Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. EST
2. Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed
(i.e., evidence of GPA, unofficial transcript, etc.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. If any question does not apply to you in this application, please put “N/A” in the space.
4. You will be notified by e-mail and phone in January 2020 regarding the status of your
5. If you have any questions about the application, please email email@example.com
· Applicants must currently hold a minimum weighted GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0) or 3.5 (on a 5.0 scale).
· Applicants must be accepted as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, or trade
school/community college program for the upcoming academic semester.
· Applicants must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
· Applicants must be citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States.
· Student must apply for the 2020 - 2021 Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA).
· Applicants must complete and submit a Scholarship Application by Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
· Applications are due Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
· Applicants are notified by phone and email if awarded a scholarship by Monday, January 27,
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE:
· Completed RED, BLACK & LOVE Scholarship application form.
· Unofficial Transcript from the institution (Can “Save As” from school’s website)
· Proof of acceptance at an academic, vocational or technical school for post-secondary studies
(Must be 2- 4 years).
· Submit 350-word essay.
· Provide a copy of 2020 - 2021 Student Aid Report (SAR).
· Minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation (Letters should be typed on letterhead from
organization or individuals with significant knowledge of applicant’s character, experience, and
involvement in community service.)
· An in-person interview with the RED, BLACK & LOVE Scholarship committee will be required
(date, time, and location to be announced.